We have introduced Cloud Templates for those who are looking to get a feel for Strapi Cloud, without having to create a local Strapi project first. This is great for non-technical users who would like to see Strapi Cloud in action, without having to first dedicate any developer resources to the project.
Note: You will still need a valid GitHub account which will store the Template repository.
Getting started with templates is easy and only requires a few steps:
- Head to cloud.strapi.io and sign in using one of the available methods.
- Click on "Create Project" and select a plan. New users will have an option to select a Free Trial.
- Underneath the Plans section, there is a section called "Connect a repository". To use a template, click the "Use Template" button.
- In the popup modal select the connected GitHub account.
- Select the template to be used. At this time, we offer a Blog template, with plans to add more in future.
- This will create a repository with a randomized name in the linked GitHub account.
When these steps are completed, you will need to continue through the onboarding flow. Finally, you will see an option to "Create Project". This will deploy your project to Strapi Cloud.
When deployment is completed, you will have a working Strapi Cloud project that can be evaluated and used as needed.
For further detail and step-by-step instruction on project creation, advanced configurations or templates, please consult our Cloud Documentation here.